After two decades as one of the leading European Series A venture firms, Balderton is building on the success of its Liquidity Fund and is now expanding to primary growth investing.
The highlights of today's announcement:
- With this new fund, Balderton is now actively deploying over $1bn in Europe’s break out companies
- Balderton Growth I will target 15 or so exceptional companies at the early-growth stage and is sector-agnostic
- Balderton expects to invest between $25m and $50m per company through both primary and secondary investments
- Bernard Liautaud, David Thévenon and Rana Yared will lead the fund, with support from the firm’s equal partnership
- Since its founding in 2000, Balderton has raised $4bn to invest in European startups and backed more than 230 companies
Read the essay by Rana Yared on why we raised a growth fund.