Role Description: -
- Attending industry events, meeting interesting entrepreneurs
- Evaluating inbound business plans and meeting with the entrepreneurs
- Building and leveraging your personal network for dealflow
- Maintaining a strong presence on social media
- Keeping up to speed with the hottest developments in early stage TMT: through twitter, industry blogs, press etc.
- Key skills: Outgoing, insightful, good listener, good reader of people
25% evaluation of new investments
- Rapid initial screening of businesses - do they have $B potential
- More detailed analysis / due diligence as we move closer to a deal, including market and competitive analysis, customer references, financial modelling
- Key skills: Pattern recognition, Making the complex simple, comfort with numbers, reaching conclusions quickly based on limited information.
- Supporting portfolio companies on specific projects and further fundraises
- Experience sharing across the portfolio, including annual CEO conference
- Analysis of portfolio and preparing presentations for LP (investor) meetings
- Key skills here include grasping business issues, ability to multitask